Christian Scholar / Professor / Ethicist
Professor of Educational Foundations
PERRY L. GLANZER received his B.A. in History, Political Science and Religion from Rice University, his M.A. in Church-State Studies from Baylor University, and his Ph.D. in Religion and Social Ethics from University of Southern California. His research focuses primarily upon collegiate moral education and the relationship between Christianity and various forms of education. He is the coauthor, author or editor of a dozen books including: The Outrageous Idea of Christian Teaching; The Quest for Purpose: The Collegiate Search for a Meaningful Life; Restoring the Soul of the University: Unifying Christian Higher Education in a Fragmented Age; Christian Higher Education: A Global Reconnaissance; The Idea of a Christian College: A Reexamination for Today’s University; Christianity and Moral Identity in Higher Education: Becoming Fully Human; Christianity and Scholarship in Higher Education, and The Quest for Russia’s Soul. In addition, he has authored or co-authored over eighty journal articles and book chapters on topics related to moral education, faith-based higher education, and the relationship between religion and education. Currently, he is professor of Educational Foundations at Baylor University and a Resident Scholar with Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion.
University of Southern California
Ph.D., Religion, Social Ethics, 1998.
M.A., Church-State Studies, 1991.
B.A., History and Political Science, 1989.
Professor, School of Education; Resident Scholar, Institute for the Study of Religion
Baylor University, Waco, Texas. Fall 2002-present.
Visiting Professor, Social Philosophy Department
Russian State University of People’s Friendship, Moscow, Russia. 2001.
- EDA 5374 Moral and Faith Development
- EDA 5399 Faith-Based Higher Education
- EDA 6305 Ethics and Values in Educational Administration
- EDC 6345 Christian Faith and Education
- General Editor, Christian Scholar’s Review, 2020-present
- Book Review Editor and Editorial Board, Christian Higher Education, 2006-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of College and Character, 2005-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Research in Character Education, 2002-present
- Book Review Editor, Christian Scholar’s Review, 2009-2016
Recent Academic Service
- Baylor University Department of Student Activities’ Charter Council, 2018-2019
- Baylor University Judicial Affairs Disciplinary Committee, 2020-2017
- Baylor University Honor Council, 2020-2017
- Baylor University Institute for Faith and Learning Advisory Committee, 2011-present
- Baylor Resident Scholar, Institute for Studies of Religion, 2005-present
- School of Education Global Engagement Programs Committee, 2017-present
- Graduate School Mack Interviews, 2018-present
- Baylor University Tenure Committee, 2009-2012
- Baylor University Center for Ministry Effectiveness and Educational Leadership, faculty Advisor, 2020-2012
- Baylor-Keston Center Board, 2020-2012
- Educational Administration Graduate Curriculum Committee Chair, 2010-present
- Honors College–Faculty Assistant Director for the Honors Program 2006-2007, 2008-2011